Summary Description Of Position
Performs trouble-shooting, operational testing, modification, and repair of components of aircraft instrument, electrical, and electronic systems in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the company, applicable government agencies, and aircraft manufactures as contained in approved Maintenance Manuals.
Job Requirements: Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Two (2) years’ experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, preferably with an airline and/or MRO company. Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
- Must be efficient in the use and application of tools, gauges, instruments, etc. necessary for the accomplishment of duties assigned.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
- A valid Airframe license and Powerplant license (FCC License is a plus)
- Experience working on B757, B767 and/or A320 is a plus. Must have minimum required tools.
- MUST be able to pass a 10 year federal background check in order to obtain an airport security badge
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Works according to written and/or verbal instructions.
- Performs all work assigned in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Records work performed and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her signature.
- Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and Maintenance Manuals in performance of assigned duties.
- Performs touch up painting as needed, (within task area).
- Must maintain Airframe license in a current status and carry it on their person when at work.
- May do experimental and developmental work as assigned.
- Must have working knowledge and the ability to service troubleshoot, repair, modify, preserve, maintain, and overhaul aircraft, aircraft system, and aircraft components.
- Heavy phase maintenance experience on other military aircraft types may be considered.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools
Salary Range: 16.00-27.00 Relocation: 1500.00 Travel: Job Ident #: