Summary Description Of PositionThis position is responsible for the final quality of aircraft, aircraft systems, and aircraft components in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the Company, applicable Government Agencies, and aircraft manuals as contained the approved Maintenance Manuals. This position also performs inspections duties, both functional and operational, on incoming and outgoing fixed wing aircraft. Ascertains completion of aircraft and records and presents same to the customer. Capable of examining all aircraft forms and records for compliance to applicable specifications, AD’s, SB’s, etc., and post appropriate entries to the aircraft historical records as required. Inspects the final operation of all completed work including, components, systems, communications navigation, mechanical, and structural. Limited NDT, certifies, serviceability of aircraft tooling and test equipment. This position will also inspect assigned Company areas for regulatory compliance. Job Requirements:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATION
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must hold a valid Airframe and Powerplant license.
3. Must have a minimum of five (5) years heavy service experience.
4. Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
5. Must successfully complete two (2) forty hours General Familiarization courses on the type aircraft serviced by Pemco/Tampa facility.
6. Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
7. Must demonstrate ability to use, with accuracy, all measuring tests, and diagnostic equipment normally associated with aircraft maintenance and repair practices. 8. Must be able to pass a 10 year federal background check in order to obtain an airport security badge.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS AND DUTIES
1. Performs qualify technical inspections of aircraft, components parts, and systems.
2. Performs quality and safety inspections of on-site equipment and tooling in aircraft maintenance wok, including calibration requirements.
3. Performs in-progress and final quality technical inspections during maintenance, repair modification, rework and overhaul of aircraft, aircraft components, and components parts, and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by signature.
4. Inspects job progress, procedures, and maintenance forms used in performance of aircraft maintenance work to assure compliance with approved methods, data, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
5. Inspects all incoming parts to assure they carry approved documentation and certification.
6. Writes up discrepancies in accordance with procedures.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS1. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
2. Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
3. Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
4. Must have correctable near and far vision.
5. Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
6. Must be able to sit 25 pounds.
7. Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools Salary Range: 19.00-29.00 Relocation: 1500.00 Travel: Job Ident #: