The Librarian maintains library collections of books, serial publications, and documents, audiovisual and other materials and assists groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials, furnishes information on library activities, facilities, rules and services, explains and assists in use of reference sources, such as card or book catalog, or book and periodical indexes to locate information. Principle Accountabilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Issues and receives materials for circulation or use in library, assembles and arranges displays of books and other library materials
- Maintainsreference and circulation materials
- Answers correspondence on special reference subjects, may compile list of library materials according to subjects or interests, and may select, order, catalog and classify materials
- Perform other duties as requested
Experience & EducationPhysical Requirements/Working Environment
- These are SCA jobs and will vary accordingly by assignment within and across contracts.
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of an operating technical library.
- Working knowledge of aircraft maintenance management programs.
- Working knowledge of Quality Control programs, OSHA and Department of State regulations.
- Must have knowledge in areas of civilian technical and military publications ordering system.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret technical data is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of military and civilian aviation publications, service bulletins, and technical data.
- Working knowledge of Quality Control programs, IT AR, OSHA and Department of State regulations. Musthave knowledge in areas of civilian technical and military publications ordering system.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in operating a technical library, preferably in aviation.
- Must be able to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and ear over telephone.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depths.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
During the performance of duties outside the office environment, the diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort,to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to changes in temperature and weather. May be exposed to areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts.
- Travel to OCONUS locations may be required for up to 90 days may be required.
Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #: INL-1502199